....Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admireable, think about such things. Whatever you have learned,heard or seen from me put into practice, and God's peace will be with you.... for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances. I know what is to be in need and I know what is is to have plenty. I have learned the secret to be content in any situation - I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
Philippans 4:6-11

Friday, April 9, 2010

Missing Dad.....


I can't even put into words how painful the last month has been. With everyday that goes by, reality hits like a ton of bricks in the most strange moments. Today, it was Elisha that was hit with the painful bricks of Life when she realized that Gramps can not finish her stall for her horses and that He is not coming home. She has been so brave, and full of grace. The girls whole world has changed. Elisha started at a new school on Monday. I am amazed at how children keep the world in motion. They just wear their emotions on their sleves, the good bad and the ugly. I am truly blessed with an amazing family. I have enjoyed being "HOME" and living at my parents house. There are things that I will miss about Gig Harbor, and having my own home but truly what I gain is so much more.... I gain the chance to grieve in a place where people know and loved my Dad, to be with my entire family, to reconnect with old friends, to live in my childhood home-my safe place, to watch the Lord provide for my every need. Everyday I understand that truely the most important thing we accomplish in life is "how we love" I am challenged to not be bound to stuff but to people. I want to live a life that starts and begins with LOVE. So, today as I wait for my husband to get home so that I can cry in his arms, I make a choice to stand on the words I heard from the Lord the night that my Dad died, "My grace is sufficient...."

No comments: