....Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admireable, think about such things. Whatever you have learned,heard or seen from me put into practice, and God's peace will be with you.... for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances. I know what is to be in need and I know what is is to have plenty. I have learned the secret to be content in any situation - I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
Philippans 4:6-11

Friday, September 17, 2010

Coming out of the Fog....

This last year has been one of great trial, sadness, sickness, and change only to lead us back to the place we never intended to leave-the Lord's perfect grace. It is amazing how easy it is to fall away, to be overwhelmed by circumstances, distracted by poor health, consumed with sadness. As, I reflect on the last year I am amazed to be breathing still. In one short year, we have been pregnant, experienced a miscarriage, lead a ministry and stepped away from a ministry,had continued on going heath issues, experienced the death of a parent suddenly, moved, lived with my entire family(compound living), changed jobs, changed schools, changed churches, tried to sell a house, let go of that same house, been out of work, and the list goes on.... I have been thinking a lot about the last year and all of its moments and the only honest reflection that I have is that life continued to happen and that through this season, despite my rotten attitude at times the Lord never left me. When I cried he caught my tears; when I pushed people away, he understood; when I left a whole life behind to be with my family, He blessed me; He gave me grace when I deserved none, He showed me mercy when I had none to offer. He showed me love when I was unlovable. He walked beside me when I needed a friend, in front of me when I needed a father, behind me when I thought I would fall and he carried me when I could not walk. In the deepest parts of my sorrow, the valley floors of this last year, Jesus was there with me. As I come out of the valley, I have learned so much, as the fog lifts, I have began to see the layout of the land and all that I have been blessed with and I can say that truly the Lord's grace is sufficient.

1 comment:

Julie said...

When I had such a tough year you held me when I cried. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to return the favor but you have been in my prayers. Love you.