....Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admireable, think about such things. Whatever you have learned,heard or seen from me put into practice, and God's peace will be with you.... for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances. I know what is to be in need and I know what is is to have plenty. I have learned the secret to be content in any situation - I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
Philippans 4:6-11

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Where is the summer going...

Wow!!! It has been 2 weeks since I blogged last about our on mission together journey. We are still on mission but life has been busy with camping, sleepovers, dinners with friends, and so much more.  Not to mention that I am in school full time.  I have been so blessed this summer with the gift of time with my family and friends.  I am enjoying my kids in whole new ways. I have had time with each of them on their own. Can I just say all three of my girls are pretty amazing people. 

Ellie is super aware and very sensitive to the needs of others. She inspires me in her relationship with Jesus, and is really open to movements of the Lord.  She is super social and elegantly fashionable. Her willingness to try new things is awesome. She is really taking to art. Just last night her and I went to an art class I was amazed by what she produced. 

Johanna is so easy going and fun to dream with. She sees the world through rainbow glasses.  She is passionate about the Bible.  I found her a sleep reading it all on her own accord.  She is really" coming into her own," as my dad would say. She radiates beauty. Her heart is so aware of things going on in the world.  She teaches me daily to breathe and that life is not so complicated. 

Hope is a JOY.  She really is such a blessing to our family.  She is super sweet, so smart and realizing how to be funny.  She loves to play with her babies, her tractors and tea parties- we have every night before bed.  She adores her sisters and everyday looks for new words to say.  She can put words together with amazes me.  The other day she woke up from her nap and said "me go nana pape water snack go please thank you"  She must have been sitting in bed brainstorming what she wanted to do after her nap.  Yeah, she is just FUN.  She makes baby look easy. 

Leroy and I are in a great place. This mission journey has opened our eyes in whole new ways.  We are excited and so willing to GO if the Lord says go.  We know someday our family we go on some sort of mission together.  We are open to the big world and face life with a renewed sense of optimism.

The simplicity of this summer has been refreshing.  I have grown to love hanging out my laundry and being mindful of how I use my resources. Our garden is doing amazing despite my neglect- which is also a place of not worrying.  The best part of on mission together has been that I have not worried at all about money and how things are going to work and you know what we have not just survived but thrived.  I have been blessed beyond measure at the generosity of my family- they all have been so aware of the choices we are making and supporting us. This season of life is rich, full and exciting. 

No comments: