....Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admireable, think about such things. Whatever you have learned,heard or seen from me put into practice, and God's peace will be with you.... for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances. I know what is to be in need and I know what is is to have plenty. I have learned the secret to be content in any situation - I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
Philippans 4:6-11

Monday, July 14, 2014

Thailand.

Thailand- this has been one of my favorite weeks on mission together as far as food.  We even splurged one night and got some take out Thai food from our favorite Thai place.  It was so good and it tasted even better because it was a million degrees outside and someone else cooked it.  We tried new stuff along with a order of pad Thai- the girls favorite.  I am amazed at how we have fallen into a rhythm with all the simple changes and wouldn't your know it our power bill and water bill were both lower last month.  It was very encouraging to see this as it showed us and reinforced that small changes can have impact.   I keep processing this- that life is really about the little things not the big things. I am so thankful that this is a season of smaller for us.  I feel present, and not weighed down by the things of this world.  I feel aware of my children in a whole new way.  I am enjoying the simple nature of time- quality not quantity. I have sat with my girls and snuggled more in the last few weeks than I have in months.  I have had more conversations with my husband about real topics than I have in- well I don't remember.  I have also been that proud mom- listing to my girls share with their friends that stayed the night "we are on mission together" and that is why we are eating Thai food tonight and that is why my crazy mom is hanging our cloths out on the line to dry"  We might officially be those parents... but I am totally OK with this because I believe in my heart that the impact of being on mission together will carry my girls a lot further in life.  Japan is next... and we are going to have dinner with my Aunt at some point who lived in japan and has a heart for the Japanese people. 

No comments: