....Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admireable, think about such things. Whatever you have learned,heard or seen from me put into practice, and God's peace will be with you.... for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances. I know what is to be in need and I know what is is to have plenty. I have learned the secret to be content in any situation - I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
Philippans 4:6-11

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Because the world needs more Hope....

           As I reflect on the last year of life, I am challenged to write down the story of Hope, our third daughter.  The story of Hope started long before the conception of Hope.  Along the road of life we have walked with the Lord and He has always proven himself faithful, even in the darkest of times.  About a year ago I received a word from the Lord of restoration.  If you know the Lord, he is always about restoration, this was specific- All the we had let go of, surrendered, or was taken from us in this last season was going to be restored in double portion.  Slowly we began to walk in in the promises and began to experience the Lords restoration for our family.  It started with the Baptisms of my siblings, yes all of them are serving the Lord, this is beyond amazing.  Following the baptisms was change, mom getting serious with her boyfriend, and grandpas health declining.  I remember asking the Lord, what is this going to look like in a few months, change is hard and we just felt like our feet had landed.  by the end of summer, Grandpa was our focus.  His care was our mission.  We believed that it was our job to care for him in his last days.  the Lord was so faithful during this time, and Grandpa was beyond gracious in his suffering.  This was truly a blessed time.  As Grandpas health declined I received another word from the Lord- to usher grandpa into heaven.  I can honestly say that I have never experienced something more holy than holding grandpas hand as he went to be with Jesus.  A short time after grandpa's passing, Mom made the decision to move in with Steven her boyfriend.  Before we knew it, we were a family of 4 again, living in a big house that now seemed empty.
              Surrendered to the process, we began to seek the Lord for this new season, remembering His promises of restoration.  months went by, we adjusted, and settled into our new normal.... In the craziness of all the change, I realized that I had not had a period, I resolved this to stress as we were preventing pregnancy.  Then, as time went by, I began to ponder pregnancy and would often wake up with my hand on my stomach, and would wake up uttering the word HOPE.  Finally I got the courage to share with Leroy.  When I say courage I mean courage, I had a miscarriage  a few years ago, and it was devastating to my soul and was the beginning of a very dark time in our life.  Pregnancy was the farthest thing from our plan.  There was honestly to much pain there for me to even put to words, I would not have admitted to anyone let alone myself that a baby was the desire of my heart.  I finally took a test, and it was positive.  We laughed so hard we cried. Could this really be the Lords plan, and so many questions.  We prayed and asked for the Lords mercy, and that I would be at least 12 weeks although it was possible for me to me past 20 weeks based on my last period.  I go into the dr. and scheduled an ultra sound.  We made the decision in faith the tell the girls after my appointment although we still did not know any details.  Sharing this moment was so special, Ellie screamed and sobbed in my arms, she knew of all the pain when we lost our last baby, she lived it with us, she remembered.  Johanna was over joyed at the idea of being a big sister and that her prayers for a new baby where answered. 
         I will never forget going to the ultrasound, nervous and excited all at the same time.  She put the monitor on my stomach and tears flowed from my eyes and I said - "oh, there she is, my little Hope."  I began to share my story with the ultrasound tech as she took pictures.  Then she said- oh you where right it is a girl and she looked great.  I got home to Leroy and shared the news that he was going to have his 3rd girl and I was 22 weeks pregnant.  Then we announced to our family and then the rest of our world.  I can not even being to explain how strange it is to go from "not pregnant" to 22 weeks pregnant in a matter of days.  We are blessed.... Birth story coming soon..."Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart"  Psalm 37:4



No comments: