....Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admireable, think about such things. Whatever you have learned,heard or seen from me put into practice, and God's peace will be with you.... for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances. I know what is to be in need and I know what is is to have plenty. I have learned the secret to be content in any situation - I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
Philippans 4:6-11

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Confirmation...

So we talked to our kids and at first they were a little confused as were other people- we are not actually leaving the country or even the state for that matter.  We are "on mission" right here at home.  Making efforts to see how people live around the world and be intentional with our time and resources.  The girls understood pretty quick what was happening.  They are used to there mom and all her "crazy creative" ideas and most of the time indulge me.   

Confirmation- ok so we are officially starting this whole journey tomorrow, but just the simple movement of publically being accountable has been amazing.  I have had more deep, real, meaningful conversations about life, the Lord, showers, laundry, and faith in the last few days than I have had in months.  This is awesome!!!

Some ground work literally- The garden is planted and ready to go- I have a few starts left in the kitchen window- I have gardened for the last 7 years and every year I have a plan and just do what I need to do to make it happen. This year with limited resources, as I am in school full time- I began to pray about what the Lord wanted me to do about our garden this year. I felt the Lord saying plant all the seeds I give you- you are sowing seeds for your family.  And wouldn't you know it- seeds began to show up at my house. So the garden this year will be a little different from years past and I also had a gift certificate to get a few tomato and pepper starts along 4 more blueberry bushes.  So the garden includes- tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, snow peas, bush beans, sunflowers, cucumbers, zucchini, asparagus, Walla Walla onions, lettuce, spinach, Swiss chard, garlic, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cilantro, basil, chives, rhubarb, mint....  Now, some of these are new this year and some are well established... I also was given lots of wild flower seeds from various places and events one of which was a friend who lost her husband- we planted these seeds also in honor of her.  When I list it out I am humbled by the overwhelming variety and look forward to sharing the bounty with others- that is my favorite part of a garden. I am believing for a double blessing this year for the garden and for my crazy chicken to start producing more eggs- so that anyone who enters our mission field will leave with something. 

Question for all my missionary friends- the night before a mission do you take the longest shower possible? I am feeling this desperate need to do so, as 3 minute showers start tomorrow-I will refrain as I normally shower in the morning.... I will refrain!

I will post a picture of our pantry- this is where we are posting all our information about the countries we are studying.

Mexico begins the journey.

No comments: